Kaboodle Designs treats the handling of your personal information very seriously. To that end, Kaboodle Designs has systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy in relation to the handling of your personal information.
- Kaboodle Designs abides by the National Privacy Principles, which provide a scheme in relation to the collection, disclosure, use and storage of personal information. Kaboodle Designs’ objective is to handle information responsibly and provide you with some control over the way information about you is handled.
- Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information or opinion from which an individual's identity may be ascertained. The nature of personal information collected by us generally comprises an individual's name, contact details (including address, phone, fax and e-mail) and payment details. Such personal information is collected for the purposes of conducting Kaboodle Designs sales activities.
Kaboodle Designs may also request and collect other types of personal information from time to time and will inform you upon collecting such information the purpose for which it is being collected.
Kaboodle Designs does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for Kaboodle Designs to perform one or more of its functions and activities. On occasion, some of this personal information may be sensitive and Kaboodle Designs will only collect it with your consent or when required to by law.
Kaboodle Designs will destroy personal information when it is no longer required for such functions and activities.
Kaboodle Designs will generally collect personal information from you directly. For example, Kaboodle Designs may collect personal information via email, telephone. letter or online applications and forms, or when you attend a function or event, enter a competition, provide a resume or enter an agreement.
- Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information provided to us may be shared with related companies within our organisation, where it will be kept strictly confidential and will only be disclosed on a need to know basis.
Kaboodle Designs will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected.
Kaboodle Designs may also use that personal information for a purpose related to the initial purpose of collection if that other purpose would be within your reasonable expectations. Related purposes might include internal auditing, marketing and administration, adding your name to a contact list, mailing list, guest list or invitation list or helping us to identify production and advertising activities which may be of benefit or interest to you.
Kaboodle Designs will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes without first obtaining your express or implied consent. Kaboodle Designs may however be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person's life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
Generally, Kaboodle Designs will retain your personal information within Australia and not use or disclose it overseas. However, on some occasions the information may need to be transferred overseas in order to perform one of Kaboodle Designs’ functions or activities. In these circumstances, the Network will either obtain your express or implied consent or will use its best endeavours to ensure that your personal information will receive protection similar to that which it would have if the information were in Australia.
- Direct marketing
From time to time Kaboodle Designs may use your personal information to identify activities which may be of interest to you to send you information regarding Kaboodle Designs programs and products, and those available through Kaboodle Designs business partners.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please let Kaboodle Designs know. Kaboodle Designs will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any direct marketing information in future.
- Personal Information Quality
Kaboodle Designs’s objective is to ensure that all personal information collected by Kaboodle Designs is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist Kaboodle Designs in achieving its objective, please contact the Privacy Officer if any of your details change. Further, if you believe that the information Kaboodle Designs holds is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact the Privacy Officer in order to have the information corrected.
- Personal Information Security
Kaboodle Designs is committed to keeping your personal information secure, and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on Kaboodle Designs 's software or systems.
Kaboodle Designs maintains physical security over its paper and electronic data stores, such as locks and security systems. Kaboodle Designs also maintains computer and network security using passwords to control and restrict access to authorised staff for approved purposes. Where information is particularly sensitive, the information is overwritten and then manually deleted.
- Access To Personal Information
You may request access to the personal information Kaboodle Designs holds about you.
The procedure for gaining access is as follows:
- All requests for access to your personal information must be made in writing and addressed to the Privacy Officer.
- You must provide as much detail as possible regarding the business entity, department or person to whom you believe your personal information has been provided, and when. This will allow Kaboodle Designs to process your request faster.
- Kaboodle Designs will acknowledge your request by email within 14 days, and access will usually be granted within 14 days, or if it is more complicated, 30 days. The Network will inform you if this timeframe is not achievable.
- You will be asked to verify your identity.
- A fee may apply to such access only in the event that a request for access is onerous or time consuming. Such a fee will cover staff costs involved in locating and collating information, and reproduction costs.
- Depending on the circumstances, you may be forwarded the information by mail or email, or you may be required to personally inspect your records at the appropriate place.
- You will be given the opportunity to correct any personal information which is no longer accurate.
In some circumstances, Kaboodle Designs may not be in a position to provide access to information held by us about you. Such circumstances include where:
- access would create a serious threat to safety;
- providing access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- denying access is required or authorised by law;
- the request is frivolous;
- legal proceedings are underway;
- negotiations may be prejudiced by such access; or
- access would reveal a commercially sensitive decision making process.
If Kaboodle Designs denies access to your personal information, it will provide you with reasons in writing.
- Changes To This Policy
Kaboodle Designs may make changes to this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
If you believe that your privacy has been infringed you are entitled to complain. All complaints should initially be in writing and directed to the Privacy Officer. Kaboodle Designs will respond to your complaint as soon as possible, within 14 working days, to let you know who is responsible for managing your query. We will try to resolve the complaint within 30 working days. When this is not possible we will contact you to provide an estimate of how long it will take to handle the complaint.
If you believe Kaboodle Designs has not adequately dealt with your complaint, you may complain to the Privacy Commissioner whose contact details are as follows:
Officer of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
133 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
02 9284 9800
- Privacy Officer's Contact Details
Please address all written correspondence to:
Privacy Officer, c/- Legal Department
PO Box 970
Campsie NSW 2194